COVID-19 And House Evictions Due To Rent Non-Payment

Tips on what one would do in case a landlady or landlord threatened to evict you:
1. As a tenant you must be given time to move. Usually it is one month or two.
2. Get audios or pictures of you as you are being told to move (notice). The audios or pictures are good evidence.
3. Go to LC Chairperson of your area and obtain a moving letter. Also while there log in a case.
3. Go to the police and log in a case too. Forced eviction is abusive.
4. Get pictures of your house as well as your property showing that you are moving.
5. Write emails to the so called "security team" am sure it is SMUG, IBU plus some other people who decide on behalf of LGBTIQQ in Uganda.
6. Print and keep all the emails.
7. Follow up SMUG, IBU and other persons by visiting with a witness. Take pictures while you are at the offices. A short video with voices helps. Or while in the offices record all audios.
7. Insist on being helped which may be in form of a letter or assurance that you will be seconded if you were to canvass for your own grants.
8. East and Horn in Nsambya, Human Rights organization in Nsambya provide short term emergency support.
9. If you have such evidence and you have done leg work above, am sure you will be supported.
10. In case you haven't been supported contact me. BUT, have all the evidence above! I have funders ready to help. Remember, only when the above options have failed but you have all the evidence.
Signed Dr. Tom +254780808335


Popular posts from this blog

Q And A Forum: 20 AIDS Do's Is And Was!

Hacked To Death: Kawere Fahad 21 Years Dies From His Wounds

Q And A Forum: What is Four On Food ?